Tuesday, September 20, 2011

About that Orienteering Course......

I've had a lot of people ask about the Orienteering course.  Well, it's been slow.  What I've learned is that most adults are really really really slow in responding to things.

But there is good news on the horizon!  The folks who volunteered last January to donate the plaques for the way-points finally (yes, finally!!)  have the lawyer approval to donate the labor.  That's a positive thing.  But the lawyers wouldn't let them donate the materials.  That's a negative thing.  But they told me where to order the materials (late last night).  This morning we wrote a letter and told them about my project and asked for a discount -- the materials alone are about $200.  Tonight I got a letter back from them and they said they'd donate all of the materials!!  I was pretty surprised since they aren't even from here.  So, a BIG THANK YOU to Laser Marking Products, LLC in Maple Valley, WA!  You can find them on the web at http://www.lasermp.com/   Now we just have to get the raw materials here, get the materials out to the Prison, and get them engraved.

I finally can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations! I think all adults have too many things to do. Still, we shouldn't be so slow.
    Hurray for Laser Marking Products and best wishes on finishing the course!

    ReplyDelete