Monday, February 21, 2011

Flags Unfurled



Today is Monday, February 21, 2011.  President's Day.  One of the things we do for Scouts is we put up Flags on major Flag Holidays.  This is me this morning putting up my last flag at the Downtown Association Office.  They have been great supporters of our Flag Fundraising Project.  Don't let that green grass fool you -- it was darn cold this morning at 6:30am!

We usually don't see a lot of people up and about when we are out putting up flags, but we did see a  few more than usual this morning.  Of course it's February so we were out rather "late" -- once summer gets here, getting the flags up close to sunrise is a little trickier.  (There's not a lot of traffic on July 4 at 5am, let me tell you!)

If you live in town and you'd like to have a Scout put up a flag in front of your home or business, let me know.

Keep on Scouting,

The ScoutBoy

6 comments:

  1. I sure enjoy seeing all of the flags lining the streets. Thanks for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well written blog entry Nate. And whoever took this photo did a good job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had fun, too! Great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw some of those big flags in front of some houses today and it made me think of you! Happy Presidents Day! Oh, and I don't care how cold you say it is... I would do ANYTHING to have a piece of that green grass around here. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw that flag. Good job. And it was chilly yesterday!

    ReplyDelete